Monday, January 20, 2014

Ecological Footprint: Week 3 Update

With any long-term goal, it is helpful to set smaller goals that will help you get there! These small goals should be specific and measurable and as suggested by my professor, concerning daily activities.  

I don't really understand how my initial result was so high compared to other students. I don't drive, I'm not a carnivore, and I feel as though I've already adopted some good energy/water-saving habits. When I said that I have little information, I meant on things that I suspect most college students aren't fully aware of: how the apartment I currently rent was built, what my roommate does when I'm not around, and so on. I was a little stumped! After looking through some more online suggestions, here are some changes:

1. Shop at my local co-op market: This one's not changing, but I guess since I usually buy some produce once a week, I'll say that I'll visit the co-op once a week at least.
2. Get my roommate to do laundry together: I'm not sure if I can convince her yet because she's sort of a germaphobe, that's why she does laundry more often than I do, but if we did our loads together then we'd be saving on energy, water, and quarters!
3. Walk to/from campus more often, avoid taking the bus: I will walk to campus 3/5 days, and walk home 3/5 days. Why not everyday? Cause I bus to work after classes on some days.


No comments:

Post a Comment